STREET CHILDREN PROGRAM
What can be more amazing than having the opportunity to Work with Street Children in Jaipur, and share your knowledge and time with kids? We bring to you this opportunity through our Street Children Program in India. Through this program, you can teach children basic English and Mathematics and organize fun games including singing, drawing, dancing, and other creative educational Activities with Street children.
Our aim behind the Street Children Program in Jaipur is to offer a helping hand to children living on the street so that their rights are honored. Through this program street children are provided with nutrition, shelter, education, health care, recreation facilities, etc.
We also help to defend them against violence and abuse. Our Work with Street Children in Jaipur also aims to develop the awareness of society regarding children’s rights.
The priority of our volunteers in this program is to help the children who are living without family and home. It especially includes those street children who are prone to exploitation.
A center is operated by the organization in which children found on traffic corners, streets, bus stands, bangle factories, railway stations, etc. are provided with accommodation. Our local volunteer team keeps searching for children who have been kidnapped by gangs of criminals.
This helps these children to get away from their unsafe backgrounds so that they can have a bright future. We also organize Care for Elephants, Child Care Jaipur, Volunteering English Teaching, and Animal Care Program in Jaipur.
Activities with Street children in Jaipur:
- Teaching the children basic Mathematics and English.
- Organizing awareness programs for health education.
- Helping the coordinator of the health program in the regular check-ups.
- Organizing games for children such as dancing, singing, drawing, and other such educational creative activities.
- Motivating the children to go to school regularly and telling them the importance of education in their lives.
1. What are the roles and responsibilities of volunteers for the Street Children Program in India?
Ans. The Street Children Program in India calls for a high level of commitment and personal involvement from volunteers. A generic list of tasks to be completed by program participants includes work such as;
- Providing children with informal education classes, we also work with Orphan Children educating them the same
- Playing recreational and enjoyable games with the children while introducing them to new and different activities.
- Assist in raising awareness and instilling good habits in children, such as cleanliness, hygiene, and greetings.
- On some days, volunteers can also plan a trip to a museum or zoo in Jaipur with the children. Such educational trips are extremely beneficial to the children, who enjoy spending time and playing with the volunteers.
- Volunteers can help by providing love, care, basic literacy, recreation, and, most importantly, spending time with them and showering them with affection.
2. Are there any requirements to Work with Street Children in Jaipur?
Ans. Here are the requirements to Work with Street Children in Jaipur.
- Volunteers for the Best Volunteer Programs in India need to be 18+ years old.
- Working in a new and different environment requires an open mind.
- We don’t require any particular qualifications or experience.
- All couples, families, and friends can join our program
- All you need is a desire to assist, a willingness to learn, and a drive to succeed. We believe that volunteering opportunities should be available to all.
3. What are the Activities with Street Children that the volunteer needs to perform?
Ans. The basic Activities with Street Children performed by volunteers are to teach them basic English and mathematics, organize health education and AIDS awareness programs, assist the local health program coordinator with daily child check-ups, and plan fun games for them that include drawing, singing, dancing, and other creative educational activities.
4. Do I need to be able to speak a foreign language to join the program?
Ans. People in India understand English, so you will have no trouble communicating if you know it. Other foreign language knowledge is not required for our project area.
PROGRAM ITINERARY –
Volunteering Days – 5 Days a week (Monday to Friday).
Volunteering Hours – 3 to 4 hours in a day.
Day – Sunday – Arrival in Jaipur
At Jaipur International Airport, you will be greeted by our GoVolunteering coordinator. They will transport you to your accommodation & introduce you to your host family and other volunteers in the house. Following that, there will be a welcome meal and an opportunity to get to know each other and the family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Monday
On your first morning, there will be an orientation meeting. This will provide you detailed information about your volunteering project and other important things like safety, places to visit, local and shopping areas, Indian culture & traditions. After the orientation session you have a project visit and orientation meeting with staff and other volunteers who are already working there. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Tuesday to Friday
Each day begins with a delicious Indian breakfast cooked by your host family. You will then be picked up by our driver and driven to school for a morning of teaching. Your lessons will involve a variety of fun activities that are prepared every afternoon with the guidance & support of the project coordinator. Enjoy lunch with the host family. Afternoon will be free for you to explore Jaipur’s vibrant city. Dinner will feature a delicious Rajasthani cuisine prepared by the host family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Saturday, Sunday (Weekends)
Weekends are free to be tailored to your relaxation or exploration. Sightseeing tours can be arranged for the ‘THE PINK CITY’ Jaipur – Albert Hall Museum, Hawa-Mahal (WIND PALACE), Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Jal Mahal (WATER PALACE), Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Amber Fort and other locations.
PROGRAM DATES: Programs start every Sunday.
|CURRENCY||PROGRAM FEE||EXTRA WEEK|
|USD||$ 260||$ 190|
|EURO||€ 255||€ 186|
|GBP||£ 216||£ 157|
|AUD||$ 379||$ 277|
Note -At the time of payment, 5% for international banking charges will be added.
INCLUDED SERVICES –
- Pickup & drop from Jaipur Airport Only
- Accommodation on sharing basis at Host family.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Assistant in Project Area
- Transportation to project site by public transport (Tuk-Tuk)
- Volunteer work weekdays only
- Program related material
- Indian Cultural Workshops only 1 session will be provided.
- Heena Painting
- Indian Dress Workshop
- 24/7 Internet available.
- 24/7 Team support.
NOT INCLUDED –
- Flight Tickets
- Monuments Entry Tickets
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Any person expense.
Meals – During the program you will be provided with 3 meals every day: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. The family serves quality and delicious Indian vegetarian food to the volunteers.
Breakfast – Tea (Chai)/Coffee, Bread, Jam, Porridge, Poha or Plan Paratha.
Lunch & Dinner – Vegetable, Dal (Lentils), Roti (Chapatti), Rice, Pickles, Yogurt, Green Salad & Fruits.
Accommodation – Volunteers are provided accommodation with an Indian host family. Accommodation will be sharing basis with the same gender in the volunteer program. Rooms have an attached washroom with shower and western toilet. Rooms are air conditioned and have a wi-fi connection. Participants who are coming with their friends, couples or family members can share the same room. Host families are experienced, and volunteers can expect good hospitality.
- Age Limit – 18 Years +
- For all volunteers, couples, groups, students, families.
- No specific background is required for volunteering, only lots of love, full of enthusiasm and an open mind to work with children of many different age groups.