ENGLISH TEACHING PROGRAM
Our English Teaching Program in Jaipur provides children with the skills they require to flourish in today’s society. Considering tourism is one of India’s largest service sectors, your teaching can open up many more job opportunities to the Children in Jaipur. On this Volunteer English Teaching Program, your time will be spent teaching essential knowledge which is going to help the children in escaping and ending generational poverty.
About English Teaching Program in Jaipur
Our English Teaching Program in Jaipur places volunteers in local schools with students aged 5 to 15. You will work alongside teachers to develop creative & engaging style lesson plans. This will need to both written and spoken English classes for children of varying levels. We rely on volunteers to increase the staff-to-child ratio, which allows us to provide a more adapted teaching approach for every student.
We invite volunteers of all levels of experience, Retired professionals, Self-employed professionals, School teachers, Gap year and university students, Teaching and learning assistants. The requirement is a good and basic comprehension of the English language and a passion to share that knowledge with others through Childcare Programs in Jaipur and Women Program in Jaipur. Volunteers will gain valuable insight into India’s education system but also friendships & memories that last a lifetime.
Activities performed by Volunteer English Teaching Program
Here are some activities performed by Volunteering English Teaching:-
- Provide support to children and local instructors, improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in English.
- Use new and innovative ways and method to help children learn faster.
- Teach the students with basic conversational English.
- Engage with students who could benefit from one-on-one support.
- Introduce any extra skills you have, such as computer lessons, mathematics or general knowledge.
- Create a playful environment e.g., using educational games, painting, singing, storytelling etc.
1. What are the activities included in the Volunteering English Teaching Program?
Ans. The activities you need to perform during the Volunteer English Teaching Program are:
- Provide support to children and local instructors, to improve their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English.
- Use new and innovative ways and methods to help children learn faster.
- Teach the students with basic conversational English.
- Get involved with the children who could benefit from one-on-one support.
- Introduce any extra skills you have, such as computer lessons, mathematics, or general knowledge.
- Create a playful environment e.g., using educational games, painting, singing, storytelling, etc.
2. Why should I register for the Volunteer English Teaching Program in India?
Ans. The Volunteering English Teaching Program in India offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others while gaining cross-cultural experience. By sharing your language skills, you contribute to the educational development of local communities, fostering communication and understanding.
This program not only enriches the lives of the students you teach but also provides you with a rewarding cultural exchange, broadening your perspectives and creating lasting memories. Joining this initiative allows you to be a catalyst for positive change and personal growth.
3. What is the total duration of the program?
Ans. The Volunteer English Teaching Program will be for 10 weeks in total. The program takes place from Monday to Friday for about 3–4 hours. The duration is similar in most of the programming including, the Volunteering English Teaching program and Women program in Jaipur as well.
4. What is the age range of the student in school?
Ans. Students including both boys and girls aged from 5 to 16 are part of this program. We will also Work with Orphan Children. Volunteer English teachers in India will have the opportunity to teach students of the age level with which they are most comfortable. Each school is different, with a minimum of 40 students and a maximum of 150. Each class has 15–30 students with varying levels of education.
PROGRAM ITINERARY –
Volunteering Days – 5 Days a week (Monday to Friday)
Volunteering Hours – 3 to 4 hours in a day.
Sunday – Arrival in Jaipur
At Jaipur International Airport, you will be greeted by our GoVolunteering coordinator. They will transport you to your accommodation & introduce you to your host family and other volunteers in the house. Following that, there will be a welcome meal and an opportunity to get to know each other and the family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Monday
On your first morning, there will be an orientation meeting. This will provide you detailed information about your volunteering project and other important things like safety, places to visit, local and shopping areas, Indian culture & traditions. After the orientation session you have a project visit and orientation meeting with staff and other volunteers who are already working there. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Tuesday to Friday
Each day begins with a delicious Indian breakfast cooked by your host family. You will then be picked up by our driver and driven to school for a morning of teaching. Your lessons will involve a variety of fun activities that are prepared every afternoon with the guidance & support of the project coordinator. Enjoy lunch with the host family. Afternoon will be free for you to explore Jaipur’s vibrant city. Dinner will feature a delicious Rajasthani cuisine prepared by the host family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Saturday, Sunday (Weekends)
Weekends are free to be tailored to your relaxation or exploration. Sightseeing tours can be arranged for the ‘THE PINK CITY’ Jaipur – Albert Hall Museum, Hawa-Mahal (WIND PALACE), Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Jal Mahal (WATER PALACE), Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Amber Fort and other locations.
PROGRAM DATES: Programs start every Sunday.
|CURRENCY||PROGRAM FEE||EXTRA WEEK|
|USD||$ 260||$ 190|
|EURO||€ 255||€ 186|
|GBP||£ 216||£ 157|
|AUD||$ 379||$ 277|
Note – At the time of payment, 5% for international banking charges will be added.
INCLUDED SERVICES –
- Pickup & drop from Jaipur Airport Only
- Accommodation on sharing basis at host family
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Assistant in Project Area
- Transportation to project site by public transport (Tuk-Tuk)
- Volunteer work weekdays only
- Program related material
- Indian Cultural Workshops only 1 session will be provided.
- Heena Painting
- Indian Dress Workshop
- 24/7 Internet available
- 24/7 Team support
NOT INCLUDED –
- Flight Tickets
- Monuments Entry Tickets
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Any personal expense.
Meals – During the program you will be provided with 3 meals every day: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. The family serves quality and delicious Indian vegetarian food to the volunteers.
Breakfast – Tea (Chai)/Coffee, Bread, Jam, Porridge, Poha or Plan Paratha.
Lunch & Dinner – Vegetable, Dal (Lentils), Roti (Chapatti), Rice, Pickles, Yogurt, Green Salad & Fruits etc.
Accommodation – Volunteers are provided accommodation with an Indian host family. Accommodation will be sharing basis with the same gender in the volunteer program. Rooms have an attached washroom with shower and western toilet. Rooms are air conditioned and have a wi-fi connection. Participants who are coming with their friends, couples or family members can share the same room. Host families are experienced, and volunteers can expect good hospitality.
- Age Limit – 18 Years +
- For all volunteers, couples, groups, students, families.
- No specific background is required for volunteering, only lots of love, full of enthusiasm and an open mind to work with children of many different age groups.