ANIMAL CARE PROGRAM
Animal and wildlife volunteering is a fulfilling, enjoyable, and distinctive opportunity. With the help of our Animal Care Program, volunteers can spend quality time with their favorite pets in animal shelters or save stray animals from cruelty, abuse, and illegal hunting.
Together, our Animal Care Volunteer and Intern members make up a growing community of animal lovers who support Go Volunteering’s mission and understand the important part that education can play in fostering a more compassionate society. If you have a passion for domestic animals and wildlife, volunteering for wildlife conservation and the care of animals is the ideal opportunity for you!
About Animal Care Program in Jaipur
The Animal Care Program in Jaipur is perfect for veterinary students, or animal lovers interested in providing care and shelter to animals in need. Animals and birds are cared for at the shelter. The shelter’s helpline receives calls from members of the community who are concerned about injured or stray animals.
Peacocks, dogs, cats, cows, monkeys, rabbits, eagles, parrots, pigeons, and crows are among the animals cared for at the shelter. Volunteers are a valuable asset to the overworked staff in maintaining the centre due to a lack of funding.
Volunteers with a strong will and a strong mind are needed for the Animal Care Center Volunteer. This is a difficult project with physical demands and long hours. We also organize Women Empowerment Projects, Work with Elephants Jaipur, Childcare Programs in Jaipur and Orphanage Program in Jaipur.
NOTE – To join this project, all volunteers are required to must have rabies vaccination & certificate of vaccination.
Activities for Animal Care Center Volunteer –
- Assisting with feeding animals in hospital.
- Assist the doctors & staff.
- Assisting with rescues and releases.
- Washing and grooming animals.
- Cleaning the centre.
- Supervision of the needs for their well-being, cures, and treatments including visits to the vet.
- Works and maintenance of facilities areas in which animals live.
- Treatment and care of injured animals with the help of doctors & staff.
- Assisting in their intake of medicines if needed and other day-to-day tasks as appropriate.
PROGRAM ITINERARY –
Volunteering Days – 5 Days a week (Monday to Friday)
Volunteering Hours – 3 to 4 hours in a day.
Sunday – Arrival in Jaipur
At Jaipur International Airport, you will be greeted by our GoVolunteering coordinator. They will transport you to your accommodation & introduce you to your host family and other volunteers in the house. Following that, there will be a welcome meal and an opportunity to get to know each other and the family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Monday
On your first morning, there will be an orientation meeting. This will provide you detailed information about your volunteering project and other important things like safety, places to visit, local and shopping areas, Indian culture & traditions. After the orientation session you have a project visit and orientation meeting with staff and other volunteers who are already working there. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Tuesday to Friday
Each day begins with a delicious Indian breakfast cooked by your host family. You will then be picked up by our driver and driven to Animal Care Hospital or clinic. As a volunteer working in the project, you will assist the doctor & team and learn mostly from observation and do all the support which we required at the program site. Enjoy lunch with the host family. Afternoon will be free for you to explore Jaipur’s vibrant city. Dinner will feature a delicious Rajasthani cuisine prepared by the host family. Meal and stay with host family. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Day – Saturday, Sunday (Weekends)
Weekends are free to be tailored to your relaxation or exploration. Sightseeing tours can be arranged for the ‘THE PINK CITY’ Jaipur – Albert Hall Museum, Hawa-Mahal (WIND PALACE), Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Jal Mahal (WATER PALACE), Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Amber Fort and other locations.
PROGRAM DATES: Programs start every Sunday.
|CURRENCY||PROGRAM FEE||EXTRA WEEK|
|USD||$ 260||$ 190|
|EURO||€ 255||€ 186|
|GBP||£ 216||£ 157|
|AUD||$ 379||$ 277|
Note – At the time of payment, 5% for international banking charges will be added.
INCLUDED SERVICES –
- Pickup & drop from Jaipur Airport Only
- Accommodation on sharing basis at host family
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Assistant in Project Area
- Transportation to project site by public transport (Tuk-Tuk)
- Volunteer work weekdays only
- Indian Cultural Workshops only 1 session will be provided.
- Heena Painting
- Indian Dress Workshop
- 24/7 Internet available
- 24/7 Team support
NOT INCLUDED –
- Flight Tickets
- Monuments Entry Tickets
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Any personal expense.
Meals – During the program you will be provided with 3 meals every day: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. The family serves quality and delicious Indian vegetarian food to the volunteers.
Breakfast – Tea (Chai)/Coffee, Bread, Jam, Porridge, Poha or Plan Paratha.
Lunch & Dinner – Vegetable, Dal (Lentils), Roti (Chapatti), Rice, Pickles, Yogurt, Green Salad & Fruits etc.
Accommodation – Volunteers are provided accommodation with an Indian host family. Accommodation will be sharing basis with the same gender in the volunteer program. Rooms have an attached washroom with shower and western toilet. Rooms are air conditioned and have a wi-fi connection. Participants who are coming with their friends, couples or family members can share the same room. Host families are experienced, and volunteers can expect good hospitality.
- Age Limit – 18 Years +
- For all volunteers, couples, groups, students, families.
- In order to participate in this program, you must be a medical professional, have any Healthcare certifications, ID as a medical student, Animal Lovers.
- We also require a copy of the volunteer’s resume which documents the education and/or professional credentials, before arrival.
- Volunteer with lots of love, full of enthusiasm and an open mind to work with animal, doctors, and staff in hospital.
- Volunteers must have proof of rabies vaccination certificate to participate in program. (no exceptions will be made)